1. Out of ten how happy are you right now?
2. What ‘little things’ in your life make you happy and why?
- My fun, neon orange French manicure – it makes me feel pretty and summery
- Flavored water – makes it so much easier to stay hydrated and feeling well
- The warmer weather we are having and the rains – my garden can grow and summer is on its way!
- Small windows of free time – to work on my business development and take small bits of respite
- A break in my busy work schedule – to fill out these questions and truly reflect!
- Walks with the dogs and my significant other – time to ground and just enjoy life
3. Which people in your life make you happy and why?
- My family, because even though they may judge me, they do their best to support me.
- My sister – she is pursuing her dreams and just spent a month in China studying. So brave!
- My boyfriend – he really puts forth his best efforts to work with me to build a the future we are both dreaming of.
4. What do you feel would give you more happiness in your life right now?
- More time to spend on business development.
- Paid off debts – we would be able to move to a smaller city NOW rather than later.
- A shorter drive to work (or no drive, ideally…when my business is up and running at full bore!)
- A sno-cone (because it’s seriously warm outside and who doesn’t love a sno-cone?)
- A cleaner house. My OCD makes it hard to focus unless I have things neat and clean.
- A less cluttered projects list (sewing pile, declutter studio, house projects).
5. What makes you happy in your current relationships and why?
I am happy to be embarking on a conscious power exchange relationship with my significant other. (“Taken in Hand” or “1950’s Household” would be the topics to research if you are interested in learning more.) Respectful open communication and honesty have always been benchmarks of our relationship, but we actually have house rules now and defined roles in our relationship. The expectations and groundwork we’re laying are things I am very excited about. It pleases me very much to be building a more traditional relationship dynamic; I have been disheartened at the modern state of what is considered the relationship norm. I am so happy we can make an effort to live how we see best!
I am happy to be seeing more of my family as actual quality time and not just “check in the box” sort of experiences (an hour at each parent’s house just because we’re in town does not count as quality time!). I feel that my emphasis lately on more quality relationships with the ones I love may be rubbing off on them, and I really hope to continue this so that someday my kids will be close with the family.
6. What foods and drinks make you happy and why?
Well, what foods and drinks don’t make me happy…? 🙂 Okay I am not big on junk foods.
Right now I am loving cucumber water, fruity green teas, and lemonade! The foods we have been enjoying lately…grilled foods. I cannot get enough of summer cuisine. The significant other made me a strawberry banana smoothie this morning for breakfast…I cannot tell you how energized and light I felt today.
7. What makes you happy about being a woman and why?
I love the different perspectives we all have, not only because of gender, but many other qualities. I appreciate that I am an emotional person and some days I feel softer. I prefer the days where I feel sharp and keen and ready to conquer the world, but the soft days I feel more in touch with myself and the universe at large. I love that I can paint my nails crazy colors and wear purple pants and no one second guesses me. Not many men could pull either of these off. 😉
8. What makes you happy about men and why?
Men in general…I’m happy that they tend to be more logical. That kind of thinking exhausts me. My significant other…I am so happy he is comfortable taking responsibility as the Head of the Household, so happy he is such a great communicator and listener, so happy he shares his perspectives on life and my business in general. These are perspectives I would not otherwise see at all!
9. What would make you more happy in the future and why?
In general, a happier future for me means more “down time” creating and really enjoying life. I am on a path to simplify and build up my dreams, and this is going to be a process. I want to create a life with tangible connections to my family, more involvement in my community, and dedication to my business. I am looking forward to lavishing my (someday) babies with love and support and a solid foundation – family and values. I will not necessarily be happier when all of this happens, but I know that in creating it I will be creating joy!
10. Out of ten how happy are you after answering these questions?
I can admit it, fine…8 🙂
Jessica Prokupek is a graphic artist and pixel wizard, and the owner of Easy as Pie Graphics. Her main mission in this life is to help business owners get their graphic representation in tip-top shape and to create beautiful art for the rest of the world.
She specializes in logo design, PDF creation, illustration, and is most recently developing her improved Design Review service to better assist entrepreneurs-on-a-budget! If you need graphics creation, troubleshooting, or touch-up work, Jessica would love to hear from you!