Sandra is a corporate lawyer by day and online entrepreneur by night. She has created The Corner Office coaching program, assisting (legal) professionals in creating a life on their terms. www.sandrariosvital.com
Out of ten how happy are you right now?
I would give myself an 8 – have worked hard this year on opening my chakras, allowing the energy to flow. Have kept an open heart to anything that came along.
2) What ‘little things’ in your life make you happy and why?
I have learned to appreciate life a lot – anything could make me smile. A kind gesture, a rainbow, the smell of coffee.
3) Which people in your life make you happy and why?
My son, my boyfriend, my mother and my friends. They bring me lots of joy yet also keep me grounded.
4) What do you feel would give you more happiness in your life right now?
Patience – I have pictured the perfect day, yet there is a lot of work still to be done to get there. Whenever I stumble upon an obstacle, my mantra “this too shall pass” sees me through.
5) What makes you happy in your current relationships and why?
The ability to receive love – I always gave gave gave and finally am able to receive.
6) What foods and drinks make you happy and why?
Chocolate – love the smell and taste. Coffee – must admit I prefer the taste of tea, yet coffee lifts me up and it is also part of the daily transition from “school-run mama” to “go getting professional”. Champagne – would love to drink that every day. Pasta – with a rich creamy sauce.
7) What is your favourite song or piece of music and why?
Oh, that is a tough one. You can sell me almost any kind of music, anytime, apart from trash metal or hard core dance. Yet there is one song that always makes me smile: Come on Eileen (Dexy’s Midnight Runners).
8) What makes you happy about being a woman and why?
My body shape. My ability to multi-task. Having been able to carry a child.
9) What makes you happy about men and why?
They are a fun species, aren’t they? Most probably will never understand them, but I love interacting with them. Sexually, yet also when it comes to talking, having fun or working together.
10) What would make you more happy in the future and why?
I would love to live according to the perfect day I have planned out: spend a few hours a day making cash (mostly online), followed by:
i) ME-time (dancing, language courses, lunches with friends)
ii) Tony (my son is named Antonio)-time
iii) family time (with my son, mother, boyfriend and his daughters)
iv) couple-time (chilling out with my boyfriend and/or having fun with friends).
11) Out of ten how happy are you after answering these questions?
A 9 actually – it made me realize how happy and grateful I already am!