This is technique that I learnt about recently that really helps you to have a proper break when you don’t have a lot of time.
A Green Break: Simple but effective
- Stand facing something green (this can be outside, just looking out of a window, at a plant in your home or office, even at a picture of something green and naturey)
- Focus on the greenery
- Breath in slowly
- Breathe out slowly
- As you breath in again raise your arms in the air and then down
- Move your head from side to side slowly, then down towards your chest. Relax for a moment here and relax.
- Drink a glass of water
- Still standing rock from side to side gently. Sway for just a moment.
- You are ready to carry on with your day
This technique was adapted from the marvelous book: ADHD-Friendly Ways to Organise Your Life.
Studies show that being in or around nature, and even looking at pictures of nature, releases endorphins which contribute to a positive mindset.
Let me know how you get on!
If you want to receive exciting monthly newsletters packed with happiness and Law of Attraction tips and freebies please fill in this form here. Helping you live with more joy and ease everyday.